Friday, February 5, 2016

8 MONTH UPDATE + PINK BLUSH
















IT WAS SO WINDY WHEN WE TOOK THESE PICTURES! I guess that's Oklahoma for you... at least it's semi warm here so I'm not complaining, it was just hard to get a good shot of this dress!

The maxi dress that I'm wearing is also from Pink Blush Maternity and it is SO comfortable... don't tell anyone but I've actually worn it twice this week already. Ha! It's just so simple, cute, and comfortable. How could I not? I've already mentioned this about Pink Blush Maternity - but again, I LOVE the fact that their clothing can be worn before, during, and after pregnancy. Makes me so happy that I'll be able to wear it longer than a few months! ALSO, to remind you today is the last day to enter my Pink Blush giveaway. Head over to my IG @brooklynfletcher to enter. Winner will be announced tonight at 9 PM MST.

& GUESS WHAT ELSE? Today we got to see our sweet little girl! We thought that she was bigger than normal
and so my doctor scheduled another ultrasound to take her measurements so we could get a better idea of when she is coming (because we've had a bunch of confusion with her due date since she wasn't planned). Well, turns out everything is as normal as can be and she is still head down in the birthing position (has been for 2 weeks now). She is right on schedule for March 7, 2016. Part of me is relieved because now I have more time to prepare, but then also another part of me is a little bummed because I want to meet her so bad! Ahh I'm just so in love with her already. 

From the 3D picture, my suspicion of her looking just like Andrew has been confirmed! She looks JUST LIKE HIM. I love it. She does have my lips... but I swear the rest of her is Andrew made-over, just a little squished version! haha! I know she'll change and grow and probably look more like me as she gets older, but I just think she is the cutest thing I've ever laid eyes on. Can't wait to see her in real life! to better explain the photo of her, one of her hands is under her chin and the other hand is wrapped around her head covering her ear. She was moving LOTS during the ultrasound (as always), she is VERY active. Like, ALL. THE. TIME. Sometimes it makes it really hard to sleep at night but I'd rather be feeling her constantly than not because it seriously is the coolest thing ever! 

I have also recently caught the "nesting bug"... and i have it BAD. Andrew gets mad at me some nights because it's like 1 AM and I'm on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor! Haha he always begs me to come to bed, and I'm just not tired! Even though, i know i should try getting as much sleep as possible right now. As far as preparation goes, I feel pretty good about everything. I've started packing the hospital bag and diaper bag (I'll post about it when I'm finished), her bed is set-up, nursing station is ready, changing station is ready, I have all the necessities and then some! Only things I can think of that I still need are size Newborn clothes and maybe more newborn diapers... and possibly the Owlet Monitor. I have a million 0-3 months size clothes but since the ultrasound said that she will be about 7.5 lbs by birth, that means she will be fitting only in newborn size for at least the first few weeks. I was apprehensive to buy more before the ultrasound because we all thought she was going to be a big baby! Turns out I'm just big because my body frame is so small, haha! Anyways, I think that about sums up my 8th month of being pregnant! Thanks for reading :)


GET THE LOOK:

PINK BLUSH CHARCOAL MAXI DRESS
FREE PEOPLE MAXI CARDIGAN 
NECKLACE
SHOES


3 comments

© BROOKLYN FLETCHER
Maira Gall